Sunday, March 29, 2015

All It Takes Is 1 Month To Create 50 New Ideas

Every night right before you go to sleep, write down 1 thing you noticed that was cool or 1 thing you did that you had fun doing. Don't think about it during the day- creativity will not just come to you if it's all you are thinking about.  By the end of the month, you will have a list of 30 AWESOME things that YOU thought were cool. In order to become more creative, you need to worry about things that interest you, not others. If everyone was interested in the same thing, life would be awful! There's a reason we like different things, so take advantage of it, and write them down.
(If you noticed 2 awesome things during a single day, feel free to write them both down, but don't stress yourself out about having more than 1 per day.)
You will be amazed at how easy it is to find something cool from that day.
For example, here's a list that you may have during the course of one week:

1- Had mustard on a hot dog for the first time- loved it!
2- Petting that golden retriever was so much fun!
3- I studied before 9 o'clock for my chemistry test today for the first time
4- I got a 100 on my chemistry test!
5- Chewing gum really kept me awake during English class today
6- I like how my friend has a green wall with blue stripes
7- Chicken pot pies are delicious, especially the one I had for dinner. Are there Steak Pot Pies? I would love that!

Looking back at your lists,  ideas will fly in and out of your brain.  Some ideas that came through my mind from this list are:
I should try making a steak pop pie
I could write a story on a green golden retriever with blue stripes
I should try studying before nine, while chewing gum
Would mustard taste good on steak?
Can dogs eat steak?
If I had a golden retriever, I would teach him how to chew gum :)

The list is endless. And I guarantee while reading this you had totally different and creative ideas. Which is great! That's the whole point of this exercise- to open up a new door in your brain and realize that you can be creative. You just have to 'flick' the right switch.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Try out the exercise for yourself and let me know how it goes in the comments! Don't forget to share this with your friends and have them try it out too. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment